iPhone Features and technical specifications
Updated: iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 6 are the bigger iPhone. - 2014
Updated: iPhone 5s/5c - faster, clever finger reader and a new camera. --- Sep, 2013
Updated: iPhone 5 will be on the market on Sep 21st, 2012. It comes with the 4-inch widescreen display, 1136 by 640 resolution, iOS 6, 8MP iSight camera and a faster chip. --- Sep 14th, 2012
iPhone, created by Apple, is a revolutionary mobile phone which puts a beautiful wide-screen iPod in your pocket, combines the great Internet device with surfing, email application, maps and searching. You can sync the contracts, calendar, email, photos and movies from your computer to iPhone and in reverse with iTunes.
The following iPhone technical specifications list what you need to know about Apple iPhone.
1. Confirmed iPhone specifications
* Announced: Jan, 2007;
* Release date: June 29, 2007 (USA), Q4 2007/Q1 2008 (Canada, Australia), Q4 2007 ( Europe), Q1 2008 (Asia);
* Price: $499 for 4GB, $599 for 5GB model (include a 2-year contract);
* Weight: 135g;
* Dimensions: 115 x 61 x 11.6mm;
* Colors: Black;
* Battery: Standard Li-lon (Up to 5 Hours video watching, browsering and talk; 16 Hours audio playback).
* Supported computer operating system and iPhone software: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP with Service Pack 2 or later, Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later, iTunes 7.3 or later.
In the box
iPhone + Stereo headset + Dock + Dock connector to USB cable + Cleaning polishing cloth + USB power adapter + Documentation
Video/Audio/Pictures - iPhone's iPod
iPhone, just like iPod, can playback podcasts, movies, video clips (H.264, MP4), songs (MP3, AAC, protected AAC, Audible and Apple Lossless audio formats) and view/edit photos. With the nice portable media player, you can also play games, record videos.
Purchase video, TV shows or music from iTunes store, Convert video/DVD to iPhone, rip DVD movie to iPad, Apple TV and iPod; Create playlist with iTunes, then transfer to your iPhone and enjoy the content wherever you go. If have no iTunes account, download iTunes software and run, and set up one.
* Screen Size: 320 x 480 pixels at 160 ppi, 3.5 inches colour screen;
* Input method: Multi-touch (recognizes finger gestures with up to four fingers at once), Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off;
* Camera built-in: 2 megapixels, 1600 x 1200 pixels (on the back side of the phone);
Use iTunes to sync your gallerys, photos from iPhoto (Mac) or Photoshop (Windows) or any picture folders.
* Video control: Play, Pause, Stop, Chapter FF, Chapter Rewind & Volume;
* Touch Screen Search: Song, Artist, Album & Playlist;
* Computer system: iTunes on both Windows PC and Mac. You can sync the movies, music from iTunes software to iPhone easily.
Ringtones/Network - iPhone's phone
iPhone is not compatible with CDMA. Maybe the future iPhone2, iPhone3 will support CDMA.
iPhone can sync your contacts and calendar from Outlook or Outlook Express on a PC, Address Book or Entourage on a Mac. It can also transfer Emails and settings (POP3 and IMAP accounts including Gmail, Yahoo! mail, .Mac mail, AOL, etc.), Outlook (Windows), Mail (Mac OS) to iPhone.
* Network: GSM 1800/1900/850/900;
* Ringtone Type: Polyphonic, MP3. You can also download the customized music/sound as your ringtone;
* Phonebook: picture address book;
* Messaging: SMS (Text Messaging), SMS Long (Long Text Messaging), MMS (Multimedia Messaging), Email (POP3 & IMAP) and Visual Voicemail.
* Wallpaper and screensaver: supported.
Put Internet in your Pocket
iPhone supports GPRS, EDGE and bluetooth technology, while it doesn't support HSCSD and 3G network.
* wireless: provides Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g;
* Connector: USB 2.0;
* Operating system: Mac OS X;
* Browser: HTML Safari.
More features bulit-in
Google maps and satellite images (get directions and traffic informations), widgets, personal information managemnet (calendar, alarm, clock, calculator, to-do list, notes) are also supported.
2. Uncertain iPhone specifications
iPhone's storage will be larger than 4GB and 8GB versions with replaceable battery. Users can purchase music/movies directly with iPhone, do NOT need to download media to the computer first. What's more, you can transfer the songs and videos back to your computer from iPhone. The unclosed features also includes wireless 802.11n support and streaming iTunes. Certainly, the price will go down a few months later.
The iPhone is too big and too expensive? Maybe iPhone Nano, iPhone shuffle will be on the market with low pirce and small size.
3. Next version iPhone
What do you think about the next generation iPhone? What features should be included so that you regard iPhone as the best mobile phone? Maybe the following specifications are what you need.
* Flash (swf, flv) video playback supported.
* Third-party software: There are many programs available for Windows Mobile and Palm. Many iPhone applications like games, word processing, slideshow making, video converters will be developed.
* Support 3G network.
* Record video with the bulit-in camera.
See also: Official iPhone specifications>>